New Topics and Topic UpdatesSkip to the navigation
What's New in the Healthwise® Knowledgebase
3/21/2017 Weekly Release
What's New in the Healthwise Knowledgebase lists new documents, enhancements to existing documents, and medically significant changes to existing documents. We do not list every change, such as editorial changes, made for this release. Refer to Tech Docs for a complete list of new and updated documents.
Healthwise Spanish Knowledgebase. New and updated topics in both the English Knowledgebase and Spanish Knowledgebase are included in weekly releases. The Spring 2017 quarterly release What's New Notes will have a complete list of new and updated topics in the Spanish Knowledgebase.
- New Health and Disease Topics
- Health and Disease Topic Updates
New Health and Disease Topics
- Dental Care During Pregnancy: This new topic describes the importance of dental care during pregnancy and gives tips on how to care for the teeth and gums.
- Frozen or Stuck Tongue or Other Body Part: This new topic describes what to do when a tongue or other body part gets stuck to a frozen metal surface.
Health and Disease Topic Updates
We continually monitor changes in medicine to ensure that our topics are accurate and up-to-date. In the following documents, we made medically significant revisions, added new medical information, or removed outdated medical information. While medically significant changes are listed here, documents that have minor revisions, such as editorial or consistency changes, are not listed.
- What to Expect When You Have an Extremely Premature Infant: We updated "extremely premature" to mean an infant born before 28 weeks of pregnancy.
PeaceHealth endeavors to provide comprehensive health care information, however some topics in this database describe services and procedures not offered by our providers or within our facilities because they do not comply with, nor are they condoned by, the ethics policies of our organization.
To learn more about Healthwise, visit Healthwise.org.
© 1995-2017 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.