Free For Visitors
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center has invested in a Guest Wireless Service so that patients and other guests can connect to the internet with their personal laptops to retrieve e-mail, surf for information, etc.
Please note: KMC does NOT provide laptops to guests, they must have their own devices. PeaceHealth cannot provide computer services to guests as it creates a liability if the guest perceives that their device was damaged in some way if PH has worked on it. The guest wireless network is subject to the same constraints as the PeaceHealth network, e.g. certain sites are restricted, so there are some sites to which guests are not allowed to connect, even on the guest network. There are a few areas around the hospital and the clinic building where the network is not available, so the guest will have to relocate to another area within the hospital.
Follow these steps to connect to the Internet:
- Launch your wireless utility client or switch your wireless connection on, if you have an on/off switch on the side of your laptop.
- Search for available WiFi networks and choose "PH Guest WiFi "
- Launch your internet browser
- If you see a Security Alert prompt, click "Yes"
- Read the Guest Internet Access Agreement and click on the "I Agree" button
- Now you can go to your home page or type in any public URL, such as www.yahoo.com.
Regrettably, we cannot offer assistance with connecting to the internet via the guest network. If you are having difficulty connecting to the internet, it may be that the guest network is down or you may be in an area not served by the wireless guest network. You may try to connect again in a few minutes or try connecting from a lounge area or the hospital cafeteria.