Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the Medical Center need my donation?
To help provide exceptional medicine and extraordinary care to every person. Donor support is vital to helping ensure that PeaceHealth Southwest has the very best equipment, facilities, staff and physicians when you and/or your family or loved ones need them. In addition, donor contributions help care for the men, women, children and babies who are uninsured or underinsured. In 2007, PeaceHealth Southwest provided $23 million in charity care, for which we did not receive reimbursement, to people who couldn't pay for the healthcare they needed. Every dollar makes a difference!
In challenging economic times, how can I help care for people who are most in need?
You can make a donation
to the Mother Joseph Charity Care fund, which underwrites the care for those who can't afford to pay. As job losses continue, we're seeing more individuals who don't have health insurance. Your donation can make a difference in the lives of many.
How is my donation used?
We use gifts from people like you for two main focuses:
- To provide care for vulnerable patient populations that include low-income, uninsured and underinsured men, women, children and babies. This is what exceptional medicine and extraordinary care for EVERY person is all about.
- To provide the highest quality medical care in terms of the latest equipment, best facilities and medical staff for everyone.
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes, all gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. We will send you a tax receipt by mail within 7 days of receiving your gift.
How do I make a donation?
- Call us at 360-514-3106 to put it on a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
- Send a check to:
PeaceHealth Southwest Foundation
PO Box 1600
Vancouver, WA 98668
(be sure to indicate which fund you wish to benefit).
- Make a secure donation online
- If applicable, include the name and address of the person or couple to whom you would like us to send an acknowledgement of your gift (we will not share your gift amount).
You can make a donation in honor of your doctor, nurse, caregiver or an entire group or floor of people who cared for you at PeaceHealth Southwest. We will let them know of your generosity (without sharing the amount) and that you've chosen to show your thanks for their services in such a meaningful way. See "How do I make a donation" above.
A planned gift is just that -- planned for the future. The most common is a bequest which is a provision in your will indicating you've left a certain amount or percentage to benefit PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. Other types include charitable gift annuities and IRA designations. Planned gifts may have many tax advantages to the donor as well as to PeaceHealth Southwest.
The donor wall lists members of both the Cascade Society and the Columbia Society. Cascade Society
members donate or pledge $1,000 or more to benefit PeaceHealth Southwest's patients and programs, and Columbia Society
members make a planned gift to benefit PeaceHealth Southwest.