Directing Your Support
Locally, Children's Miracle Network® assists more than 4,000 infants and children annually from the five counties served by Sacred Heart Medical Center (Lane, Douglas, Linn, Coos and Benton). The hospital is mid-Oregon’s critical care center for pediatric medical treatment. Without Sacred Heart, children in our community would have to seek treatment in San Francisco or Portland. All gifts to Children's Miracle Network at Sacred Heart Medical Center help children locally.
Donations to Children's Miracle Network support a variety of clinical and community programs including the following:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Sacred Heart’s 22-bed Level III nursery provides specialized, life-saving care to premature infants and full-term babies.
- Pediatric/Adolescent Care Unit: This 16-bed center includes advanced medical technology and specially trained staff to care for young patients, from newborns to 18 years old.
- Children's Miracle Network/Lions Patient Family Guest House: The Guest House provides a peaceful sanctuary for family members supporting Sacred Heart Medical Center patients during a medical crisis. The Guest House was initiated in cooperation with area Lions Clubs, with Children's Miracle Network providing major financial support. No one is turned away from this comforting home-away-from-home because of inability to pay the modest hospitality fee. For room availability and reservations call: (458) 205-7150.
- Courageous Kids Program: This program helps children and teens who have lost a close family member. It includes weekly grief support meetings, school-based services, Courageous Kids Camp, and anticipatory grief support services.
- Healthy Tomorrows Clinic: Healthy Tomorrows is a well-child clinic providing free immunizations and preventative exams to eligible families.
- Labor and Delivery: Labor and Delivery offers birthing services in a caring, supportive environment, with access to the most advanced medical support available in the region.
- Maternity Care Program: The Maternity Care Program, also known as Obstetrics and Gynecology, offers care for women from pregnancy to childbirth and recovery.
- Mother Baby Unit: The Mother Baby Unit includes 21 rooms and cares for mothers and their newborns following delivery.
- NICU Mobile Ambulance: The Neonatal Ambulance, nicknamed “Ruby” because of its size, transports critically ill newborns to the Sacred Heart NICU – the only NICU serving our five-county region. Children's Miracle Network purchased one of the largest ambulances in the country to accommodate multiple birth infants. With enough capacity to house two neonatal isolettes, furnished through Children's Miracle Network funding, the ambulance has the latest in life-saving technology to ensure the best possible outcomes for the tiniest patients.
- Nurse-Midwifery Birth Center: At this birth center, certified nurse midwives assist women at low risk of complications in delivering their babies.
- Prenatal Clinic: The Prenatal Clinic provides comprehensive prenatal care and education for women without the financial resources to ensure healthy pregnancies.
- School-based Health Centers: Schools participating in Children's Miracle Network’s Kids Helping Kids™ Schools Pageants may apply for grants to help support their school-based health centers or other student health-related needs.
To learn more about a particular program, contact us.