Courageous Kids is a grief support program for youth ages 6-17 and their caregivers. Adults may sometimes try to protect children from the facts of death, believing that they are too young to understand or will become too upset. However, we know that children who don’t grieve the death of someone significant in their lives can develop physical and emotional problems throughout their lives.
Courageous Kids believes:
- Grief is the normal response to the death of a loved one.
- Children grieve as intensely as adults, but in different ways.
- It is important for the healthy development of a child to grieve a significant loss.
- Healing from a painful loss is possible with support and acceptance.
- Children need support that is appropriate to their developmental stage.
Courageous Kids operates solely on grants and donations. Participation is free of charge. View the Courageous Kids website for information on support groups and other activities, or visit us on Facebook.