Student Experience Placement Checklist
Placement - Documents
Placement - Timeline
More than one month prior to the date of requested placement, the educational facility should:
- Ensure current affiliation agreement is in place
- Request for student placement is made to St. John Learning and Development
- Receive confirmation of placement availability
One month prior to date of requested placement, the educational facility should:
- Begin working on the pre-placement requirements
Two weeks prior to date of requested placement, the educational facility should:
- Fax the completed Confirmation of Standards and items #2 and #3 as directed on the form
Placement - Requirements
- Educational facility must have an affiliation agreement in place (see document “Instructions to School”)
- Confirm student has current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider completion card (for internships involved in direct patient care)
- Confirm students health screen and TB testing
- Confirm student completes the Orientation Manual including the enclosed Confidentiality Agreement.
- Run background check and provide copy to placement coordinator.
- Provide placement coordinator copy of the class curriculum.
- Complete Confirmation of Standards and provide copy to placement coordinator.