Patient Condition Information Requests
- MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- AFTER HOURS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS
Administrative Shift Manager
Dial "0" and ask the operator to page the Administrative Shift Manager (house supervisor)
- Michelle Halfhill, Sr. Communications Specialist
(360) 806-4719 (pager)
(360) 514-2230 (fax)
Guidelines for Release of Patient Information to Media
PeaceHealth Southwest recognizes that media – print and broadcast – are vehicles of public education and that the media have a community responsibility to keep the public informed. The Medical Center shall cooperate in providing accurate and appropriate information while protecting the confidentiality of its patients.
Information will be provided to news media representatives under the following conditions:
- Requests for information are submitted to the PeaceHealth Southwest Marketing Department (after hours and weekends to the Administrative Shift Manager for specific patient information)
- Media representatives clearly identify themselves, their news organization, and their request
- The information they seek is not protected by state or federal laws, PeaceHealth Southwest policies,
- In accordance with HIPAA regulations, PeaceHealth Southwest is authorized to release a one-word condition and the location of the patient if:
- the patient (or patient's guardian or legal representative) has consented to be in the patient directory, and
- the patient is not in a category restricted by law (see Highlights of the PeaceHealth Southwest News Media Policy), and
- the person requesting the information provides the patient's name.
Guide For Cooperation
PeaceHealth Southwest follows guidelines set forth in the Guide For Cooperation published by the Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA). These guidelines were developed and jointly approved by WSHA and Allied Daily Newspapers of Washington, Washington Newspaper Publishers Association, Washington State Association of Broadcasters, and Washington State Medical Association.