In 2013, PeaceHealth Medical Group embarked on a monumental shift in how we manage our medical practice — and your medical record.
We have been changing to a new electronic health record (EHR) system called Epic that will allow us to streamline and enhance the way we track your health care.
We’re excited about the EHR’s features and the support it provides to our core mission of promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way.
We have been rolling out this new system to all of our PeaceHealth Medical Group offices throughout the past several months (see schedule below). We expect that it will help us provide you the best, most advanced care and service now, and well into the future.
What does this mean for me?
For patients, the new system will offer consistency. Any PeaceHealth provider you see – whether your primary care provider or specialist – will be able to access your health information, which means you get the best personalized care, no matter where you are.
Second, you will have convenience through the newly upgraded PatientConnection portal. This online tool is a free service for PeaceHealth Medical Group patients and will give you access to your personal health information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Learn more about Patient Connection with an introductory video here
What will I be able to do in PatientConnection?
The new PatientConnection portal has a freshly-enhanced interface that will make it easy to use. You will be able to upload your photo and color code certain areas of the portal and much more. You may also be able to view your dependents’ information.
The most exciting part of PatientConnection is that it will put you in control of your health care – any time day or night. With PatientConnection, you can:
- Message your doctor: The enhanced portal will provide a secure way to message your PeaceHealth doctor with questions or concerns. And all communication will become a part of your medical record.
- Schedule appointments: Schedule or cancel appointments with your provider.
- View test results: Test results ordered by your PeaceHealth doctor will be available to view in the portal after your doctor has reviewed them – generally one to seven days.
- Renew prescriptions: While you will still work with your preferred pharmacy for filling prescriptions, PatientConnection will give you the ability to view your medications and to easily request renewals for prescriptions from your doctor.
- Pay bills: Pay clinic bills online quickly and easily.
How do I sign up for PatientConnection?
You can sign up for the new PatientConnection when your community goes live on Epic. All you will need to sign up is an activation code, an email address, and a computer with access to the Internet.
If you are a current portal user, you will receive a letter with an activation code in the U.S. mail when the new PatientConnection is available in your community. Otherwise, you will receive an activation code during your next office visit.
Is there a mobile app for PatientConnection?
Yes, you can find the mobile app via iTunes or Google Play depending on your device. The app is called 'MyChart' - search for that app name. Upon loading it on your phone, it will walk you through the selection of providers. This list depends on your location. PeaceHealth PatientConnection will be presented for all PeaceHealth service areas - just look for our blue logo with the dove.
When can I get connected with PatientConnection?
PatientConnection will be rolled out to each of the PeaceHealth Medical Group communities as follows:
- May 2013 Florence, OR - LAUNCHED
- June 2013 Eugene and Cottage Grove, OR - LAUNCHED
- Sept. 2013 Bellingham, WA & Ketchikan, AK - LAUNCHED
- December 2013 Longview, WA - LAUNCHED
- March 2014 Vancouver, WA - LAUNCHED