What to Expect
Learn more about the following topics:
- Lung anatomy and physiology
- Living with lung disease
- Breathing techniques
- Infection prevention
- Using inhalers, nebulizers and oxygen
- Stress and relaxation techniques
- Practical skills for daily living
- Heart and lung relationship
- Exercise do's and don'ts
- Indoor air quality
- Traveling with oxygen and medications
Joining the Program
A signed referral from your physician and authorization from your insurance company are required. Once you have scheduled your initial interview, you will be mailed a patient questionnaire.
During Your Visit
- Bring the completed questionnaire that was mailed to you with you to your initial visit as well as your insurance card.
- Wear clothes and shoes that you will be comfortable walking in.
- On your first visit, you will meet with a respiratory therapist who will review your medical history, evaluate your pulmonary status and perform a six-minute walk test.
Most patients attend classes three times per week for eight weeks or 24 sessions. However, we specifically tailor programs to meet your needs and goals.
We do ask that you incorporate exercise into your routine on other days of the week. Our staff will give you guidance on exercising outside of the program.
Classes are available Monday, Wednesday and Friday from: 9-10:30 a.m.; 11-12:30 p.m.; 1-2:30 p.m.; or 3-4:30 p.m.