PeaceHealth Medical Group's highly skilled cardiothoracic surgeons are part of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center. The surgeons provide all aspects of adult thoracic and cardiac surgery.
Our surgeons are experts in minimally invasive surgery techniques, which results in less tissue damage, faster recovery and less scarring than traditional surgery. We are among the only surgeons in the region who perform endoscopic artery and vein harvesting for heart bypass surgery.
Surgical procedures performed include:
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Mediastinal surgery
- Airway surgery
- Thoracic aortic endograft surgery
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG), including beating-heart (off-pump) bypass surgery
- Endoscopic artery and vein harvesting
- Heart valve replacement and repair
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization
- Surgical treatment of arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation
- Implantation of ventricular assist devices
- Surgery for diseases of the aorta and great vessels
To learn more about cardiac and thoracic surgery, please visit our Health Information and Resources page. Or, to reach Cardiothoracic Surgery, please call (360) 788-6800.
PeaceHealth Medical Group's General Surgery physicians provide surgeries for the following:
- Vascular access
- Upper GI endoscopy
To learn more about any of the procedures mentioned above, please visit our Health Information and Resources page.
Gynecology is the branch of medicine that concerns the female reproductive system. GYN Surgery refers to any surgical procedures relating to the female reproductive system. PeaceHealth Medical Group offers both Gynecologic and GYN Surgery services, all in one convenient location.
PeaceHealth Medical Group Gynecologic Surgery services include:
- Well exams
- Evaluation for abnormal pap smears
with colposcopy, biopsy and
cervical cone biopsies (LEEP)
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Ovarian and uterine surgery
For information on additional women's health services we provide, please visit our Women's Health
page. For more information on Gynecology and GYN Surgery, please browse our Health Information and Resources
page. To schedule an appointment with one of our Gynecologists, please call (360) 738-2200.
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery
The terms “vascular” and “endovascular” refer to the blood vessels. A range of vascular and circulation problems can affect people, including abdominal aortic aneurysms, carotid artery blockage, leg blockages and vein problems.
At the PeaceHealth Vascular and Endovascular Specialists clinic, our vascular surgeons are experts in treating these types of problems and are experienced in both open and minimally invasive surgery.
The Vascular and Endovascular Specialists can treat:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Peripheral aneurysms (aneurysms in the arms and legs)
- Peripheral arterial disease (blockages in the legs and arms)
- Carotid artery disease (stroke prevention)
- Mesenteric ischemia (blockages in the vessels to the intestines)
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Renovascular conditions (blood vessels to the kidneys)
- Varicose veins
- Chronic venous insufficiency (poor blood flow in the legs)
An appointment at St. Joseph Vascular and Endovascular Specialists requires a referral. Talk with your primary care physician about whether a referral is appropriate for your vascular problems.
For more information on vascular and endovascular problems and treatments, please visit our Health Information and Resources page. To reach the Vascular and Endovascular Specialists, please call (360) 788-6063.