Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the Lifeline Personal Emergency Response System Work?
- Help at the Push of a Button: Within seconds of pushing your waterproof personal help button, a trained Lifeline Monitor at the 24-hour emergency response center will use your personalized care plan to get you the help that you need.
- Emergency Response: In the event of an emergency, Lifeline will contact emergency medical services to come to your assistance. Lifeline also keeps a list of up to four non-emergency responders (friends, family, or neighbors) who are close enough to provide help without incurring the cost of an ambulance.
- Follow Up: The Lifeline Monitor will make sure that assistance arrives and that no further help is needed before closing your case.
- Lifeline with medication reminders are also available.
What Do I Need to Use Lifeline?
- Active Telephone line: Lifeline will work in any home with an active phone line. Disruption to phone line will affect Lifeline’s ability to provide service. Please contact our office for specific questions regarding your phone service.
- Electrical Outlet: You will need an available outlet near the phone jack. If your outlet is full you should purchase an electrical power strip prior to installation
What is the Cost for Lifeline?
- $35.00 – Monthly Monitoring Charge, with one-time $50.00 installation fee
- No Costs for Equipment: Lifeline equipment is the property of PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and is loaned to our subscribers for their use.
- No Cost for Service Calls: Skilled members of our local office are available to fulfill all maintenance and repair needs free of charge.
- No Minimum Contract: You may cancel service at any time for any reason.
- Multiple Subscriber Households pay only an additional $10.00 per month, per subscriber.
- Alternative Payment Options are Available: Financial Sponsorship Program is available with support from St. Luke’s Foundation. Please call for more information.
How Do I Sign Up for Lifeline or Get More Information About the Service?
We would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have. We can also fill out the application for Lifeline services right over the phone and schedule a time for one of our skilled volunteers to come to your home and set up your new Lifeline unit!
If you are a care provider and would like to receive regular updates regarding the Lifeline service, including coupons and special offers, please send us an e-mail or call our office
to be added to our mailing list.