The Joint Replacement Center provides you a unique hospital experience by promoting wellness, and offering you the opportunity to recover after surgery in a unit dedicated specifically to elective joint replacement patients.
We promote a culture of wellness and early return to mobility. We do this in a number of ways, including:
- You will be able to wear your own clothing after surgery rather than a hospital gown.
- You generally will spend most of your day in a recliner chair, walking in the halls, or in group physical therapy, rather than in bed.
- You will receive a packet of newsletters at the beginning of the week that details expectations for each day's activities.
- Your group physical therapy sessions promote camaraderie, friendly competition and improved outcomes.
- Your progress walking in the unit's 250-foot loop will be tracked on a display board in the unit.
- You and your coach will have a group discharge class to ensure you are prepared to go home.
Our emphasis on group activities, as well as individual care, speeds the recovery time and improves long-term outcomes.