The exercise consultation is designed to provide guidance for those individuals who are looking to begin an exercise program or assess their current fitness regimen and also identify any risk factors for cardiovascular disease. A physician referral is necessary for this 1 1/2 hour long consultation. Cost is $75.
- Review of medical history and risk factors for heart disease
- Discuss exercise history and/or current exercise regimen
- Review of current dietary habits
- Instructions on how to take your own pulse
- EKG monitoring during exercise assessment
- Demonstrations on thera-band strength training and cool down stretches
- Goal setting for optimal health
- Individualized exercise progression sheet
American Heart Association Recommendations
- At least 30 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic activity at least 5 days per week for a total of 150 minutes.
- Moderate to high intensity muscle strengthening activity at least 2 or more days per week for additional health benefits.
For more information or to make an appointment call (360) 738-6720. In Skagit county, San Juan County, Island County and Canada call (800) 541-7209.