Healthy Women: Whole Body, Whole Community
The luncheon event, noon to 1:30 p.m. Friday, May 3, 2013 at the Bellingham Golf and Country Club, will focus on new trends in women’s health, and provide information on local resources. Tickets cost $35 per person; tables of eight are available for $280. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
The event will feature local women health experts in a moderated discussion led by regional media personality Deb Slater. Confirmed panelists are:
- Rachel Akins, dietician – PeaceHealth Nutrition and Diabetes Clinic;
- Laura Backer, MD – Mt. Baker Imaging, Women’s Diagnostic Center;
- Dana Jack, MSW, EdD – Fairhaven College, Western Washington University;
- Chi-Na Stoane, MD – Interfaith Community Health Center;
- Caitlin Walker, owner – Barre3 Fitness Studio.
Panelists will explore issues that affect women in locally and everywhere, discussing recent changes to guidelines and recommendations around screenings, nutrition and wellness that may make it difficult for women to know what they should be doing to stay healthy. This event will help ensure local women have the information they need to make smart choices.
The entire community is invited to participate in this opportunity to hear what is going on with women’s health, to find out what is new and available to help women make educated decisions on issues that matter. Luncheon guests will have an opportunity to participate in a question-and-answer session with panelists.
Sponsorship opportunities are available.