Imaging Services at St. John
St. John Medical Center offers the very latest technology in imaging services.
Computed Tomography (CT)
St. John Medical Center has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in CT scanning by the American College of Radiology (ACR). “Only the best imaging centers receive this accreditation,” says Kirk Raboin, Director of Imaging at St. John. “We are very pleased that the American College of Radiology has confirmed the outstanding work we are doing in CT scanning.
St. John Medical Center's CT imaging system (the LightSpeed VCT) is the world’s first Volume Computed Tomography (VCT) system.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
The American College of Radiology (ACR) has awarded the MRI Services Program at St. John Medical Center a three-year term of accreditation. The ACR accreditation recognizes superior achievement of high practice standards. Before awarding accreditation, ACR conducts a peer-review evaluation of the MRI services at the facility. The evaluations, conducted by board-certified physicians and medical physicists, assess the qualifications of the personnel, image quality, and the adequacy of the MRI equipment. ACR accreditation is highly desirable for MRI facilities for numerous reasons, including:
- Accreditation programs provide a high level of confidence for patients, referring physicians, and managed care organizations that only the highest quality care is being provided by accredited facilities.
- Accreditation is the highest standard for practice quality evaluation achievement.
- Accreditation gives assurance that staff and equipment have passed the ACR’s rigorous evaluation process.
- Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, ANTHEM, Aetna/US Healthcare, Oxford Health Plans, United Healthcare, Highmark, and many states all recognize the value of ACR accredited programs.
- Accreditation demonstrates commitment to quality patient care.
St. John Medical Center's GE 1.5T MRI unit in 2005 allows St. John to offer the community the fastest, most accurate images available locally.
“Our MRI unit allows us to handle virtually any MRI application,” says St. John Imaging Director Kirk Raboin. “From brain and spine studies to specialized vascular and cardiac applications, this MRI system shows our commitment to providing advanced technology and cost-effective patient care to Cowlitz County.”
St. John Medical Center has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in Ultrasound Imaging by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The accreditation recognizes the excellent ultrasound work done at St. John in OB, gynecological and general ultrasound services.
“We are extremely pleased to receive this accreditation and proud of our Ultrasound Department for the high quality service we provide,” says Cathy Darrah, Manager of Imaging Services at St. John.