Osteoporosis is a silent disease that leads to a loss of bone mass, causing bones to become fragile and susceptible to fracture.
Education about prevention and treatment options are provided in our Osteoporosis Center as we partner with your physician. A bone density scan is a quick, easy, painless way to determine the strength of your bones.
Did you know?
- One in every two women and one in four men over age 50 will have an osteoporosis related fracture in their lifetime.
- Osteoporosis can be prevented through diet and exercise. Medication and other treatment options are available.
- Medicare fully covers bone density testing
- Most insurances accepted
Our State-of-the-Art Lunar Bone Densitometer has the unique feature of vertebral fracture assessment. Other extended capabilities are:
- Ability to evaluate total body composition.
This is beneficial to sports enthusiasts as it determines body fat.
- Specialty evaluations for pediatric growth disorders and eating disorders.
The Cowlitz County Osteoporosis Support Group meets the first Thursday of every month in the Pavilion Conference Center from 2:00 to 3:00 pm. A new topic will be addressed each month as patients and family members face the challenges of osteoporosis. For more information, please call: (360) 501-3700.