Lower Columbia Regional Cancer Center
We will walk with you through this journey
Through the vision and hard work of our community, the Lower Columbia Regional Cancer Center opened its doors in 2002. While we collaborate with larger centers such as Oregon Health & Science University and University of Washington, we are able to provide many chemotherapy treatments locally in our center.
Our caring staff, which includes a medical social worker, oncology nurses and patient care coordinator, work together with our physician team to address the physical and emotional needs of patients and families. An extensive Patient Resource Center is available to provide current treatment information to patients and families.
The Lower Columbia Regional Cancer Center is an approved cancer program through the Commission on Cancer (CoC).
A CoC approved program ensures quality, multidisciplinary and comprehensive cancer care in healthcare settings. These programs are concerned with prevention, early diagnosis, pretreatment evaluation, staging, optimal treatment, rehabilitation, and end–of-life care.
Obtaining care at a CoC approved cancer program ensures that one will receive the following:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary, team approach to coordinate the best cancer treatment options available.
- Access to cancer-related information, education clinical trials and support
- A cancer registry that collects data on cancer type, stage, and treatment and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care