Kearney Breast Center
Breast Imaging Innovation Award
The PeaceHealth Kearney Breast Center won the 2006 Breast Imaging Innovation Award.
The editors of Mammography Regulation and Re-imbursement Report (MRRR) chose us because of our many creative programs. These programs help make care better for you.
“The Breast Center epitomizes the qualities this award strives to recognize,” says MRRR Editor Kelly Bilodeau. “It has a strong commitment to the community, to quality, and to its patients.”
We opened in February 1986 with one unit and two employees but have grown quickly over the years and going fully digital in January 2006.
“We image over 13,000 women a year,” says Manager Ruth Melvin. Our services provided include:
- Mammograms and Pap tests for people who do not qualify for welfare or Medicaid.
- Breast case management review team that talks about patient cases.
- Lending library with resources about breast cancer.
- Support group about how to deal with breast cancer.
- Relay For Life team that earns money for the American Cancer Society.
- Cookbook that raises funds for, and makes people aware of, cancer programs.
- Annual luncheon and fashion show that has breast cancer survivors as models.