Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

About PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center

PeaceHealth operates healthcare ministries in Washington, Oregon and Alaska consisting of seven hospitals: PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center in Longview, Washington (which also includes PeaceHealth Medical Group, consisting of over 120 clinicians); PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington; PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon; Cottage Grove Community Hospital in Cottage Grove, Oregon; PeaceHealth St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, Washington; Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence, Oregon; and PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center in Ketchikan, Alaska.

The mission of PeaceHealth and PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is to “carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way.” This mission is demonstrated by the over $30,000,000 (over the last five years) provided in charity and uncompensated healthcare as well as numerous community programs and services that promote healing and health and assist social service agencies in meeting their missions as well.

The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace

St. John Medical Center is part of PeaceHealth, the organization began by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in early 1884. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace were founded in England by Mother Francis Clare, an activist Irish nun. To this day, PeaceHealth remains committed to Mother Francis' original vision of achieving peace through social justice.

Longview Memorial

The original community hospital, named Longview Memorial Hospital, was built in 1924 over the span of eight months at a cost of $171,627. The hospital opened its doors to the community on November 1, 1925 with a staff of 40 and large enough to accommodate 80 patients.

However, by 1932 the national economy was in trouble and Longview Memorial Hospital faced financial difficulty. To save the fledging hospital, the Board of Directors asked five doctors to form a clinic that would lease the hospital; doctors not part of the Clinic had to guarantee the bills of their patients. Three of those asked agreed and Columbia Clinic was formed. This caused a furor in the medical community-a problem that was never quite resolved until late 1941 when the war came. The war created a shortage of physicians and nurses who were drafted into service. That, coupled with financial challenges, forced the hospital to close its doors on July 1, 1943.

When the for-profit hospital failed, J. D. Tennant appealed to Bishop Shaughnessy of Seattle to help attract an order of nuns to operated the hospital. Sister Flavia, accompanied by Sister M. Bernard, came immediately to Longview to meet with Mr. J.D. Tennant of the Long Bell Lumber Company, who was also president of the hospital association.

The Sisters were very favorably impressed by the beautiful city and the wonderful industries and were encouraged by Mr. Tennant and other heads of the industries, as well as by the pastor, Reverend Patrick Mulligan of St. Rose Church. Although the situation everywhere at that time was very difficult, the Provincial Council recommended that the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace take over the hospital. Permissions were also granted by the General Council for a loan of $152,000 to meet the purchase price, renovate the hospital and for Sisters’ quarters, chapel, etc.

A New Beginning

There was much work to be done to re-open the hospital. The Sisters worked long hours and with the help of some community members, made the building ready to receive patients. Linens were in very short supply then, and some of the sheets didn’t quite fit the beds, but the Sisters were very creative and the community very generous when it came to getting the necessary supplies. After repairs and renovations, the hospital was re-opened for patients on December 1, 1943. They created a ministry that continues to give the most precious of gifts - health - not to gain a profit but to profit the community.

About three thousand people were present for the opening celebration. The American Legion presented the hospital with a new American flag and about eighty baskets of beautiful flowers were presented by different benefactors and organizations. The wives of the heads of the industries poured for the tea in the beautiful solarium. The hospital was consecrated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Feast of Christ the King by Reverend Patrick Mulligan, pastor of St. Rose Church. Sister Borromeo, Superior, arrived on December 1 and the first Mass was sung by Rt. Reverend Msgr. Gallagher on December 8th with music provided by the choir of St. Rose Church.

The first staff at St. John’s Hospital was composed of Sisters Borromeo, Norbert, Dolorosa, Theodora, Jane Francis, Nora Gaffney, Joan McInnes, Flavia Moore, Bridgid Collins and Bernadine Becker. Request was made and granted by the Reverend Mother General and the General Council that the hospital be named St. John’s Memorial Hospital, in loving memory of their foundress and first Superior General Reverend Mother Evangelista, and in honor of her patron, St. John the Evangelist. Throughout the growing years, the Sisters maintained a constant focus on their mission. They spent countless hours in nursing care, laundry, housekeeping meal preparation and general administration of the facility. Today, the mission of the Sisters remains a guiding focus for employees and physicians.

Timeline

Identified below are some of the more significant developments at St. John Medical Center

1923
Idea for the hospital was conceived, Longview Memorial Hospital Association was formed with J.D. Tennant as president.

1925
November 1, hospital opened its doors with a staff of 40, planned with an extension possible.

1932
Leased to Columbia Clinic, pre-paid medical plan.

1942
War draft depleted the hospital of medical staff, creating a doctor shortage.

1943
July 1, hospital forced to close doors.

Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace borrowed $152,000 and purchased the hospital for $85,000 using the balance to renovate and repair. Opened doors on December 1, 1943.

Renovation of the x-ray department, begun in the spring, was brought to completion. A new Maxiscope 200 was installed, the first of its kind in any hospital on the west coast.

All of the Sisters, with the exception of Sister Patricia, moved across the street to the Nurse’s home. The Superior’s office and the record room were also vacated, both conveniently located elsewhere. This enabled the greater part of the first floor to be utilized for patients, increasing the bed capacity from 75 to 90.

1951
On June 5, St. John’s Hospital paid in full the balance of the debt contracted with the Washington Mutual Savings Bank of Seattle for the purchase of the hospital.

1952
Sister Gonzaga came to the hospital, and noted dual roles, as no anesthesiologist specialized at the time.

February 20, deepest hole ever driven for a hospital.

1953
On October 1 the new spacious kitchen, located in the new wing, was put into operation. It was necessary that the old kitchen be vacated without delay because construction plans called for conversion of that department into administrative offices. Hence, the new kitchen was put into use before any other department in the new wing was ready. By November the new 70-bed wing was completed in its entirety and work was well under way on the renovation of the existing building.

With the new isolation facilities, St. John’s was designated by the Polio Foundation as the center for the care of polio patients for Cowlitz and adjoining counties.

1954
The first set of triplets were born at St. John’s Hospital.

Sixty-bed wing was added to the East end of the hospital. On May 1, his Excellency, Archbishop Connolly, dedicated the new wing and blessed the cornerstone, assisted by eight priests. An honor guard of Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus and Catholic Boy Scouts lined the way from the main entrance of the hospital to the southeast end where the laying of the cornerstone took place.

A Cancer Program was started, approved by the Committee on Cancer American College of Surgeons. The new program included a cancer registry, cancer clinical activities, consultation service and treatment.

To improve relations existing between the hospital and the community, a Lay Advisory Board was organized. The Board consisted of seven prominent community members.

1955
St. John’s Gift Nook was opened, established by the Guild. Complete responsibility for the unit belonged to the Guild members, with the profits being donated to the hospital for the purchase of new equipment.

A new hospital laundry was opened in the fall. A very pleasing architectural product was achieved by the extensive use of glass. The entire sidewalls were constructed of blue opaque glass panels, thus rendering a twofold purpose of beauty and service. Margaret McGreavey was named executive housekeeper.

A Central Purchasing department was organized in the hospital. This department was combined with pharmacy, with the pharmacist having full charge of purchasing and distribution of pharmaceutical products, hospital supplies and equipment.

1956
An Emergency Room was established with the assistance of a $54,000 grant from the Ford Foundation. The suite was equipped with wall suction and wall oxygen, and furnished with the most modern tables and equipment. Oil burners were moved and rooms were consolidated.

A Medical Library Fund in memory of the late T.E. Heppenstall, first chairman of the hospital’s Lay Advisory Board, was established. The fund, under the supervision of the Hospital Library Committee, was to be used for medical books in an effort to keep the library as current as possible.

St. John’s Hospital Guild purchased a blood-bank unit for the laboratory. At the time, the bank was the only one of its kind in the area. Another addition to the laboratory was a flame-spectro photometer.

An electro-cardio scope was purchased from a memorial fund established in the name of Thomas Heppenstall. Mr. Heppenstall was the first chairman of the Lay Advisory board.

A refrigeration unit for the preservation of blood was funded entirely by the St. John’s Hospital Guild.

In October, a massive chlorine gas leak at a nearby mill resulted in an influx of sixty patients between the hours of 11:00 PM and 12:30 AM. By 2:00 AM, all patients had been cared for with twenty-two being admitted to the hospital.

1958
The St. John’s Hospital Guild presented a check for $5,600 to the Sisters for payment of the new Radio-Active Isotope equipment purchased for the hospital.

A new Physical Therapy department was opened at St. John Medical Center, funded by a grant from the Ford Foundation. At the time, medical rehabilitation was a dynamic concept and an action program, in contrast to convalescence in which the patient was left alone to rest through the period while time and nature ran their course. St. John’s was very fortunate in securing registered Physical Therapist Robert L. Lloyd, a graduate of the University of California, to direct the department.

Fourteen sets of twins were born on the maternity floor at St. John’s, making it a record year.

1959
January - Sister Mary Theresa, surgical supervisor, died suddenly while on duty at the hospital. Sister Mary was born in Canada in 1928 and joined the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in August 1949, after having worked at the Children’s Orthopedic Hospital in Seattle. She was 32 years old.

The purchase of a surgical table and surgical light was made by the Hospital Auxiliary in February. The table was the latest design and postured patients for any type of surgery. The surgical light, with its camera installation, permitted doctors to take photographs of surgical developments instantly. The Auxiliary also donated several pieces of toxology equipment. This toxology equipment made St. John’s Hospital the only toxology center in the area, benefiting neighboring hospitals as well.

The Laboratory, under the direction of the hospital’s two Pathologists, Drs. Buck and Moon, received national accreditation in June for training of Medical Laboratory Technicians.

A certificate of appreciation was presented to the hospital in October for its 100% participation in supporting the United Fund Drive in their health and welfare program.

1961
A recovery room was added to the Obstetrics unit.

1964
An intensive care ward was added to the hospital, providing round-the-clock care for critically ill patients. The ward was the first of its kind in the Lower Columbia Region, specially equipped to care for patients suffering from ailments which required continuous attention. The unit housed four beds and shared one large bathroom.

1967
Teen Volunteer program started.

1968
$8 million expansion was completed providing a seven-floor patient tower. On March 16 the new St. John’s Hospital was dedicated in a brief ceremony by Longview Mayor Harry G. Kelsey. The Most Reverend Thomas A. Connolly, archbishop of Seattle, performed the blessing and laying of the cornerstone. The dedication of the hospital took place during the 25th year the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace had been in Longview, a fitting tribute to their silver anniversary. Mother Theodore Marie, provincial superior of the order, was also present for the ceremony.

1970
Adult Volunteer program started.

1973
Psychiatric Unit opened. This was a much-needed service in the community, as before the unit opened there were scant services offered to the mentally ill and often the only place to send them was the local jail.

1981
A Radiation Therapy building was added, providing Oncology services to the community.

1982
A personal emergency response program, “Life Line,” was started. Offered by St. John’s, the service was designed to help the elderly or handicapped people in the community live more independently by assuring them that emergency help would be available at all times.

1983
$9 million hospital expansion. This expansion created or enhanced the following areas and departments: Emergency Services, Critical Care Unit, Same Day Surgery Suites, Front Lobby Entrance, Occupational Therapy, Admitting, Laboratory, Parking Lot, Physical Therapy and Radiology.

1985
Mammography services were added.

1986
The St. John’s Hospital Foundation was created, as a separate not-for-profit corporation with its own board of directors. St. John’s quality care is dependent on expanding medical technology which requires new and constantly changing equipment and procedures. The purpose of the Foundation is to provide funds for these additional and essential needs without having to pass along the cost to the patients served by the hospital.

Outpatient Hemodialysis Services were added.

1987
Monticello Medical Center merged with St. John’s Hospital. St. John’s parent corporation, Health & Hospital Services of Bellevue, acquired Monticello’s assets from Sutter Health System of Sacramento for roughly $5.5 million. St. John’s continued to use the Monticello campus for healthcare purposes. Economics, particularly declining patient census, played the greatest part in Sutter Health System’s decision to leave the community.

1988
A smoking ban was imposed at the Medical Center, with a few designated areas kept for smokers outside the facility. The psychiatric unit patients were exempt from the ban, but were permitted to smoke in the facility only with a doctor’s order.

St. John’s Medical Center laid off 21 people and cut the hours of dozens more. A growing shortfall in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements for elderly and low income patients forced the cutbacks. The layoffs were part of the hospital’s effort to increase efficiency without another rate increase.

The Foundation concluded a successful campaign to raise money for equipment for the new Blackstone Maternity Unit. The total raised was over $90,000, which included proceeds of $46,000 from its first Glitz & Glamour Auction. Additional donations to the campaign totaled over $18,000. An employee raffle brought in over $17,000 and The Health Care Foundation donated $7,000.

1989
The Cafeteria and Dialysis Unit were remodeled, and Same Day Services expanded to the 7th Floor.

1990
St. John’s received a $50,000 grant from the Collins Medical Trust of Oregon. The money was to be put in a special endowment fund to help pay bills left from Oregon’s working poor; people who have jobs but no health insurance.

First Steps Clinic opened on the Broadway Campus of St. John in February. One of five of its kind in the state, the free clinic provides medical, parenting, counseling, nutrition and drug treatment services to pregnant, low-income women unable to afford typical healthcare.

St. John opened a cardiac catheterization lab, allowing doctors to map a heart patients’ blood and find blockages or bad heart valves.

The Foundation conducted a Cancer Care Campaign, raising over $260,000. Proceeds were used to purchase a Linear Accelerator in radiation therapy and an Ultrasound Unit for cancer diagnosis. The remaining funds were used for financial assistance for those with cancer unable to pay for all or a portion of their medical care.
The Laboratory underwent renovation in October.

1991
St. John’s started its Trauma Program. The hospital was the first in the state to use their hospital foundation to raise money to get the program started. The foundation held an auction that raised $230,000, and together with a campaign for the trauma program raised a total of $350,000 committed to funding the program’s first three years.

Mammography clinic underwent expansion in January.

Emergency Room underwent expansion in February.

Intensive Care/Critical Care Unit was remodeled in February.

1993
PeaceHealth created the CHR Project, assigning CHR Teams from all regions the tasks of standardizing and implementing new and improved software to all regions, with goals of a electronic medical record, improved efficiencies and accuracy, and other benefits to our patients/customers. In addition to clinical and patient financial software, new Financial Systems, GL and AP and ESI Systems-ORBIT (Surgery) and NOVA (Materials) were included too

1994
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace Health and Hospital Services officially changed its name to PeaceHealth on November 9. A new naming system was also implemented throughout the organization to more closely link PeaceHealth with the various organizations that collectively comprised PeaceHealth. Together, these changes were designed to create an organizational identity and naming system that better reflected the mission and strategic directions of the organization.

St. John’s was named one of the top 100 hospitals in the United States by a study produced jointly by HCIA and the Health Care Provider Consulting Practice of Mercer. Hospitals were selected based on their superior performance in eight areas that reflect high value provided to customers, efficiency of patient care operations and investment in operations. St. John’s placed in the top two percentile in its category.
The Astoria Clinic was opened in April.

The MRI was moved to a fixed site on the Kessler Campus in September.

Workplace Wellness Services was opened in October. Workplace Wellness is the product of a unique partnership between PeaceHealth and regional employers, based on a shared commitment to healthier, more productive workers, and safer, more profitable businesses. Workplace Wellness helps employers save both time and money in managing their employee's health and safety. Services are designed to lower injury-related costs, increase productivity, reduce lost workdays, prevent disability syndrome, and enhance regulatory compliance.

1995
Radiation Therapy underwent expansion in June.

A state-of-the art stereotactic breast biopsy machine was purchased for the Mammography Unit, with a $200,000 grant from the Healthcare Foundation.

ESI Systems went live for Scheduling and Journaling of surgery cases ORBIT (Surgery) and NOVA (Materials) in June.

Mossyrock Clinic opened in September.

1996
A twenty-passenger, wheelchair-equipped van was purchased for the Cancer Treatment Program, made possible by a grant in the amount of $42,800 from the E.L. Wiegand Foundation. The van is used to transport patients living in the more rural area of the region to and from the St. John Radiation Therapy Department for their daily treatments.

St. John Medical Center laboratory went live with Antrim lab system in July.

1997
The Radiation Department, with the help of funds donated through a Foundation campaign, purchased a $2,000,000 highly sophisticated linear accelerator. St. John was the first hospital in the Pacific Northwest to offer this kind of treatment machine in radiation.

St. John opened “A Child’s Place”; a program to help the community’s emotionally troubled children. The Foundation campaign for this program raised $700,000 to be used for start-up costs for the first three years of operation, and a board certified child psychiatrist was recruited to head the program that offers a safe place where children can come and receive the care and services they need. Their philosophy, to “change a generation, one child at a time.”

Rollouts for New Financials Systems, including General Leger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and Misc. Accounts Receivables in July.

The charging portion of ESI with an interface to LW went live in August.

1998
A Simulator with CT option was purchased for the Radiation Oncology Department, with the Foundation raising $800,000 for this piece of equipment. A kind of x-ray machine, the machine “simulates” the radiation treatment that is later delivered by the linear accelerator. The location and dimensions of the tumor can be further analyzed by the CT option that adds another sophisticated refinement to the entire process.

1999
The Washington State Department of Health awarded designation to St. John Medical Center as a Level III Trauma Rehabilitation Center.

St. John Medical Center went live with the Patient Accounts portion of LW and HCm-PM in August. In October, St. Johns went live with the patient clinical applications of LW. In the spring and summer PeaceHealth Medical Group LCR had rolling go-lives for IDXtend. In the fall, Behavioral Health Clinics had rolling go-lives for IDXtend.

St. John Medical Center underwent a major expansion consisting of a 4-story parking garage and helipad, and a 173,428 square foot medical office building and ambulatory care center. This expansion included the creation of a new entrance to St. John Medical Center, Chapel, eight surgery suites and 12 PeaceHealth Medical Group physician clinics, with 68 physicians. Cost of the expansion was $57.7 million. The renovation of the medical center created a beautiful facility that visually and functionally expresses the spiritual, emotional and physical healing consistent with the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.

2000
The Paul G. Allen Charitable Foundation gifted $75,000 toward the fundraising campaign to build a Women’s Heath Pavilion.

An Ultrasound Transrectal Seed Implant Machine was purchased for the Radiation Oncology Unit, for the treatment of Prostate cancer. Funds were donated to the Foundation and earmarked specifically for this equipment by the donor. The equipment is used in conjunction with a new program that delivers high doses of radiation by implanting seeds directly into the prostate area, sparing healthy tissue.
Cathlamet PeaceHealth Medical Group went live on Provider Tools in the fall.

2001
Teams A, B & C, Specialty Clinic, IMC-A went live on Provider Tools Present - Phase II of Provider Tools, plus Women's Health Center, Behavioral Health, Woodland, Cancer Center, etc.

2002
The Lower Columbia Regional Cancer Center was completed and opened in February, consolidating cancer treatment and support programs under one roof.

Purchase of a Digital Storage System. In a move from video format to digital, the digital storage system allows staff to store echocardiography data directly instead of having to digitize from video. This bypasses the traditional degradation from video and preserves the quality of the original image. A digital system stores previous studies on-line for comparison at the time of interpretation. The reports can be changed and finalized and then sent to destinations such as referring physicians, medical records and inpatient/outpatient units.

In December, the Imaging Center adds a LIGHTSPEED ULTRA CT (computerized tomography - 8 slice) SCANNER, often known as a CT (cat) scan. It can rapidly acquire two-dimensional pictures of the anatomy from nose to toes in 20 seconds. Using a computer, these 2-D images can be presented as 3-D images for in-depth clinical evaluations, giving the radiologist a noninvasive way to see inside the body.

2003
In April, the Imaging Center was renovated, adding state-of-the-art imaging services and redesigned with customer service and patient convenience in mind. Outpatients now have a new waiting space, away from inpatient services and trauma patients requiring emergency care. This provides greater access to services specific to the needs of our patients and allows easy access to admitting and patient financial services.

In May, The Sister Margaret Anna Cusack Women's Health Pavilion was opened thanks to the generous support of the community. The Women's Health Pavilion meets the unique physical, spiritual and emotional needs of women throughout the seasons of their lives. The pavilion offers massage therapy, continence services, osteoporosis testing, support groups, childbirth and lactation classes, a gift boutique and a free lending library with internet access to health information. The Pavilion is also home to the PeaceHealth Women's Clinic providing obstetrical and gynecological care to women in our community.

2004
The Columbia Regional Breast Center adds a R2 COMPUTER AIDED DETECTION (CAD) system for digitizing and analyzing mammograms that acts as a "second set of eyes" in the early detection of breast cancer. This new digital system is as good or better than comparable equipment found in Vancouver or Portland.

Radiation Oncology enhances patient care with the IMRT (INTENSITY MODULATED RADIATION THERAPY). IMRT enables doctors to deliver high doses of radiation with pinpoint accuracy, increasing the opportunity to cure the tumor with minimum side effects to healthy tissue. Not commonly found in communities of our size, this sophisticated computer program is second to none.

St. John begins using EECP (ENHANCED EXTERNAL COUNTER PULSATION) technology for eligible heart patients. EECP are high tech pneumatic pants that alternately squeeze and relax pressure forcing oxygenated blood into "microcirculation" routes through a patient's heart and body increasing their energy level. This technology has significantly improved the lives of many people suffering from cardiac disease, a leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S.

The Imaging Center goes digital with PACS (PICTURE ARCHIVING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM). PACS allows digital images of x-rays, MRIs, ultrasounds, etc., to be shared at the touch of a button, flashing images across hundreds of miles to be reviewed with "real-time radiology" by a qualified specialist. No matter where you are or where you go, physicians can have instant access to see these images via desktop computer.

The Imaging Center adds a 3D TeraRecon workstation that allows CT studies to be "reconstructed" (put back together) to show actual vessels and internal structures. This technical tool assists surgeons and radiologists to identify structures that were only seen previously on more involved exams such as angiography, a study of the blood vessels. Another application of the TeraRecon workstation is in a Virtual Colonography procedure where the patient can undergo a CT examination and the radiologist can "fly through" the colon in a procedure similar to an actual Colonoscopy procedure.

St. John is recognized by QUALIS, the Quality Care group for Washington State, for it's outstanding low rate of ventilator associated pneumonias. At less than 1% St. John is far exceeding the national average.

The addition of six DIALYSIS STATIONS allows thirty new patients to receive life-giving treatments close to home.

The InMotion Clinic opens in October 2004. The Clinic is the first of it's kind in the region, offering a multidisciplinary approach combining diverse care approaches with one common goal: to improve the quality of life and performance for those who have various forms of pain. InMotion services include Pain Management, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rheumatology, Chiropractic Care, Physical Therapy, Health Psychology and Sports Medicine.

2005
In August, imaging patients began experiencing the new MRI (MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING). This new MRI scans with a high field magnet that is five times more powerful than any other in the community and provides the highest quality images. Using the polarity of magnets, along with dye, this technology allows us to see parts of the body non-invasively. The new Diffusion Weighted Software enables us to diagnose stroke victims and provide them immediate treatment. Housed inside the hospital, our new MRI encompasses the whole body and has a much wider and shorter opening (or bore) reducing claustrophobia and providing more comfort for the patient.

The Imaging Center's Ultrasound Division, both in the Medical Center and the Women's Health Pavilion, has recently received the latest upgrades to all three of their Sequoia Ultrasound equipment. The upgrade translates into superior detail and contrast resolution on the images while ensuring excellent tissue penetration on most any size patient. This new technology assists the technologist to provide computer aided visualization of body structures, reducing time spent optimizing image parameters, while improving the consistency and quality of the diagnostic exam. This upgrade ensures that the latest technology is available to the patients of the Lower Columbia Region.

St. John begins a five-year $46 million dollar renovation that will encompass all eight floors of the hospital. The renovation will include a new Birthing Center with private rooms; a Critical Care Unit (CCU) comprised of 18 universal private beds; an expanded Emergency Department; renovation of the three Medical/Surgical/Cardiology floors comprising of 16 semi-private rooms per floor that will be fitted with support space and a family support area; and the newly renovated Behavioral Health Unit will include additional beds as well as semi-private rooms and psychiatric intensive care rooms.

The new COWLITZ FREE MEDICAL CLINIC opens to serve the health and wellness needs of the medically underserved in the region with the goal of a minimum of 1,456 visits annually to reduce healthcare disparities and improve access to ongoing healthcare. The free clinic is made possible by the Community Health Partners. In addition to PeaceHealth, funding partners included The Health Care Foundation, Kaiser Permanente and private donors with clinic space provided by PeaceHealth.

2011
PeaceHealth affiliates with Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, teaming to form a collaborative partnership to serve all of southwest Washington.  St. John Medical Center changes its official name to PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center.

 
 [+/−]  Feedback