Types of wounds we treat
We assess each situation individually and work with you and your doctor to make sure that your treatment plan best suits your needs.
If you have any of the conditions listed below, we can help you.
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Lower leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- Skin tears or lacerations
- Radiation burns
- Post-operative infected wounds
- Slow or non-healing surgical wounds
- Wounds from brown recluse spider bites
- Failing or compromised skin/muscle grafts or flaps
- Wounds over 30 days old failing multiple treatments or therapies
Wound Healing Options
Your wound care physician may prescribe some of these therapies:
- Debridement (removal of dead or damaged tissue)
- Specially chosen dressings and wraps
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Platelet growth technologies
How we will help you to start healing
- Generally the physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or, you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment, we'll ask you a few questions about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there's any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we'll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you'll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you'll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.
For further questions, or to schedule a time to see a Wound Healing Center doctor, call 360-514-HEAL.