Speech-language pathologists work with patients to develop functional strategies that allow for the successful return to activities of daily living, following an illness or injury. Speech therapy provides functional evaluation and treatment of cognitive-linguistic, speech, voice and swallow disorders.
Swallowing disorders can develop from neurological events, disease processes, injuries, head/neck surgery, cancer and other medical conditions.
Speech therapies include:
- Alternative/augmentative communication evaluation and training
- Brain injury rehabilitation
- Cognitive assessment and retraining
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Videopharyngography Swallowing Evaluation
- Motor speech dysfunction
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) for swallowing and speech
- Pre- and post-laryngectomy therapy
- Speech and language assessment and treatment
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- Stroke and other neurologic rehab
- Videostroboscopy and voice therapy
Talk to your provider today to see if speech therapy is right for you.
Click here for locations and contact information