Our intensive, comprehensive rehabilitation program is uniquely designed to fit the individual needs of each patient. Together with our patients and their families, we turn the challenges associated with physical disability into opportunities that redefine life's path. As the leader in the provision of health care services for our community, we strive to promote the health, independence and self-worth of the individuals we serve.
What is Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation?
We are a hospital-based physical rehabilitation program that is specifically designed to help you become as independent as possible following an injury or illness. Your care will be managed daily by a rehabilitation doctor called a physiatrist and specially trained rehabilitation nurses around the clock. You will receive a minimum of 3 hours of therapy at least 5 days a week which could include physical, occupational, and speech therapies based on your individual needs. A case management specialist will assist with all of your discharge planning and placement needs. Additional specialists are available to participate in your care when needed.
Conditions which can require intensive rehabilitation include but are not limited to:
- Brain injury
- Congenital Deformity
- Fracture of femur or hip
- Major Multiple Trauma
- Neurological disorders including Muscular Sclerosis, Polyneuropathy, Muscular Dystrophy, and Parkinson's Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury
- And other complex conditions with functional impairments
Why Choose PeaceHealth Southwest?
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit established in 1993
- CARF accredited since 1996
- CARF Stroke Specialty Program Designation since 2005
- Level II trauma designation
- JCAHO Certified Stroke Center
- Comprehensive rehabilitation continuum
- Specialized physician certification in Rehabilitation Medicine and Pain Management
Click here for locations and contact information