Baby care classes
View all Childbirth and Parenting Classes.
For more information, call (360) 514-BABY (2229).
- Breastfeeding and Baby Care - Saturday: What expectant parents need and want to know about their babies' first months. Explore your newborn's talents, needs, development, and breastfeeding for optimal health. Also includes tools for nurturing and bonding with a newborn, and support resources for new families. If you are signing up for this class, you will not need to sign up for Breastfeeding 101 or Life With Your Newborn. We recommend you attend by your 30th - 34th week of pregnancy. Support person encouraged to attend. Registration required. Sign up for this class.
- Baby Care Class: Learn about the unique and wonderful world of living with a newborn. Learn about physical care, emotional care, when to call for the doctor and safety issues. Registration required. Sign up for this class.
- Labor, Birth, Breastfeeding and Baby Care Accelerated 4-night series: No time? No problem! Attend our accelerated program that provides you with valuable information to help you through labor, birth and the first few days of having baby at home. Learn about the birth process, hospital procedures, relaxation techniques, medication and intervention options for birth, cesarean birth, newborn care and breastfeeding basics. This class is free to state medical insurance patients with completion of a tour. Sign up for this class.
- Breastfeeding and Baby Care Saturday Class: A class that offers breastfeeding and baby care skills to new parents in a one day format.
Sign up for this class.
- Infant CPR for Friends and Family: Learn the basics about CPR for infants up to one year of age. Acquire the skills needed to perform CPR and how to clear an obstucted airway. For this class only, it is advised not to bring babies due to the need to practice on mannequins. This class can be taken before or after baby is born. Please note: This class is not valid for daycare or foster care licensing. Please refer to ChildLife CPR/First Aid programs. Sign up for this class.
Dad 101 Class:
- Dad 101: New Dad Workshop: Are you a new or expectant Dad? Then this workshop is for you! More than just basic baby care, the New Dads Workshop offers men insight into preparing for those precious first few months of baby's life. This program is for men and taught by a man it provides a "hands on" overview of baby's basic needs, the "things every Dad needs to know," and how to build a solid relationship with your child from the very first day. Registration required. Sign up for this class.
FAMILY BIRTH CENTER PROGRAM POLICY
:To register using a state medical insurance or if you prefer to pay by check, please call (360) 514-BABY (2229). State medical insurance will pay for any variation of Labor and Birth Preparation series including those that offer Breastfeeding and Baby Care.Cancellation Policy
: Refunds are only available for special medical conditions requiring bed rest or in cases where pre-term deliveries occur.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements. Should this occur, we will call registered participants to reschedule. If the alternative date is not convenient for you, a full refund will be issued.
Please read our full policy on cancellation, refunds and transfers