Family-centered cancer support
Counseling and support for cancer patients and their families
Life can change significantly when you or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer. PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center's masters-level oncology social workers are specially trained to help address the unique needs of cancer patients and their families. They provide a safe place for:
- Discussing the emotional impact of cancer on individuals and families
- Facilitating discussions with friends or family members about cancer
- Helping little children who have a beloved adult with cancer
- Educating parents about children's and adolescents' coping
- Connecting people with local, state, and federal resources
- Supporting caregivers
- Consulting with schools, churches, workplaces, etc.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center's Regional Cancer Center offers counseling for individuals, couples and families. We also provide education and information, as well as support groups for cancer patients and their caregivers.