For High School Students (ages 15-18) - graduating in 2017-2019.
Dear Prospective Junior Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. Please read the detailed information below regarding the requirements for Junior Volunteers. The Junior Volunteer Program is currently accepting applications for students graduating in 2017-2019 and available on a weeknight (Monday-Thursday) after school hours.
PeaceHealth Southwest has a commitment to continuity and quality of service to our patients, staff and guests. For this reason, we are seeking students who are willing to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week and at least 100 hours of service as a volunteer.* As a Junior Volunteer Applicant for the Medical Center, we require the following prerequisites and criteria:
- Students between the ages of 15 and 18
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.8 (must summit a copy of latest semester report card with their application)
- Attend a 1-hour Information Session
- Complete an Orientation and Training Seminar
- TB test (completed after personal interview and acceptance into the Volunteer program)
- Proof of immunity to measles, rubella, mumps and chicken pox (photo copy is acceptable)
- Proof of current Tdap vaccine
- Washington State Background Inquiry (our office will do this)
- Two signed and dated letters of recommendation from adults who are not relatives
- Completion of Washington State approved or Red Cross A.I.D.S. Education Curriculum (will be verified through your school)
- Be dependable and able to follow written and oral instructions
- Abide by ALL PeaceHealth Southwest and Volunteer Services Policies, Procedures and Confidentiality Requirements
- Present a well-groomed appearance and adhere to our Dress Code Policy
- Have initiative and be willing to develop skills
- Attend meetings, workshops and annual mandatory training sessions
- *Verification of hours served for High School Senior Projects will not be signed until the completion of at least 75 hours of volunteer service.
Upcoming One Hour Information Sessions for Adult and Junior Volunteers:
- Thursday, February 4 at 5:30pm
- Monday, February 15 at Noon
- Wednesday, March 2 at Noon
- Wednesday, March 9 at 5:30pm
Pre-registration is not required. These sessions are held in the Health Education Center, located at the 92nd Ave side of the hospital. We will be happy to answer any questions at the Information Sessions. We’re looking forward to meeting you soon!