Evaluate Your Risk for Vascular Disease in 60 Minutes
The Cardiovascular Center offers My Vascular Profile (MVP), a screening focusing on all of the measurements critical to vascular health. The cost is only $85.
The MVP screening is designed for people with risk factors that may increase their chances of peripheral vascular disease (PAD) and stroke. The criteria includes men and women age 55 and older with one or more of the following:
Further guidelines have been established for those at risk for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA):
- Males age 65 and older who have ever smoked or have a family history of AAA
- Females age 65 and older who have ever smoked and have a family history of AAA
The screening includes:
- Vascular risk questionnaire
- Resting blood pressure
- Fasting cholesterol test that includes total, LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and a total/HDL ratio
- Blood glucose (simple sugar) test to screen for diabetes
- Ankle to arm blood pressure index (ABI) to assess PAD
- Carotid ultrasound to assess for plaque (atherosclerosis), which can increase your risk for stroke
- Ultrasound of the abdominal aorta to evaluate for aneurysm (AAA) in individuals with the specific risk factors for age, smoking and family history of AAA, listed above
- Private consultation with a health educator trained in vascular risk factor management
For more information, or to make an appointment, call (360) 788-6720. In Skagit County, San Juan County, Island County or Canada, call toll free (800) 541-7209. A representative will assist you with a brief vascular risk assessment and let you know if this screening is right for you. The screening only takes 60 minutes, but the benefits last a lifetime.