Know the Symptoms of a Heart Attack
Taking steps to prevent heart disease is important, but you also need to recognize the warning signs of a heart attack.
Symptoms can be different for women—and they can be more subtle. It’s crucial to get help at the onset of symptoms.
- Chest pain
- Feeling breathless—for women, this may occur without chest pain of any kind
- Flu-like symptoms—specifically nausea, clamminess or cold sweats
- Unexplained fatigue, weakness or dizziness
- Pain in upper back, shoulders, arm, neck or jaw
- Feelings of anxiety or doom
If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor or 911, or go to an emergency room.