Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute at Sacred Heart Medical Center
Our goal is to provide patients with exceptional care for heart and vascular disorders, from prevention and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation. Our success in meeting that goal has made us one of the busiest and most respected cardiac and vascular centers in the Northwest. We strive to provide a unique experience for both patient and family by bringing together the finest in medical expertise and research in the context of a tradition of compassionate care for every individual.
Blue Distinction Center
As a Blue Distinction Center, we are committed to expertise in quality care, resulting in better overall outcomes for patients by meeting objective clinical measures developed with input from expert physicians and medical organizations. Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute provides a full range of cardiac care services, including inpatient cardiac care, cardiac rehabilitation, cardiac catheterization and cardiac surgery (including coronary artery bypass graft surgery).
The criteria used to designate a Blue Distinction Cardiac Care Center includes:
- An established cardiac care program, performing required annual volumes for certain procedures (e.g. a minimum of 125 cardiac surgical procedures annually, including both open heart and/or valve surgery)
- Appropriate experience of our cardiac team, including sub-specialty board certification for interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons
- An established acute care inpatient facility, including intensive care, emergency and a full range of cardiac services
- Full accreditation by a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)-deemed national accreditation organization
- Low overall complication and mortality rates
- A comprehensive quality management program
The Next Generation of Cardiac and Vascular Care
The institute is composed of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons partnering with research teams at the University of Oregon. Our interdisciplinary approach means each patient receives the attention of a team of specialists working together to determine the best options for that patient. Combining the talent and expertise of the four disciplines allows for an integrated delivery of heart and vascular care. The institute gives patients and referring physicians across the region access to this seamless and comprehensive approach to care.