Vestibular Rehabilitation treats patients experiencing dizziness or balance problems related to problems of the inner ear or vestibular system.
- Clinical testing for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Oculomotor testing (eye movement)
- Motion sensitivity testing
Gait (pattern of movement) and balance
- Treatment of BPPV with canalith repositioning maneuver (head position changes) or alternative methods
- Gaze stabilization exercises
Vestibular habituation exercises
- Compensation exercises for balance retraining
Benefits include improved balance, decreased dizziness and nausea, and improved strategies to compensate for functional losses.