M. Cristina Smith, MD
Prior to joining our team, Dr. Smith was an Assistant Professor in Surgery at the University of Arizona for 10 years where she initiated and directed several programs in the section of cardiothoracic surgery. For seven years, she was the Surgical Director of the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit and the Director of Adult Extracorporeal Membranous Oxygenation (ECMO) as well as Surgical Director of the Congestive Heart Failure Clinic. She became the director of Cardiothoracic Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support in addition to her other directorships.
Dr. Smith is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Women in Thoracic Surgery and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation.
2979 Squalicum Parkway, Suite 201
Bellingham, WA 98225
Scope of Practice
- Eastern Virginia Medical School - Medical Degree
- Eastern Virginia Medical School - General Surgery Residency
- University of Arizona - Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship
- Board-Certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Board-Certified in General Surgery