The Emergency Department (ED) staff has made great strides to create the most efficient and compassionate emergency room experience for every patient. Highly trained staff, improved processes and advanced technology quickly provide you with the care you need.
The ED at the University District campus is easily accessible from all points in Eugene, especially the Downtown area and University of Oregon campus.
Emergency Department Services
- Equipped to deal with any life-threatening emergency seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- Supported by leading-edge technology, including a 64-slice CT scanner, plus support services such as on-site laboratory, pharmacy and respiratory care
- Direct access to an inpatient medical unit or inpatient psychiatric care unit, if necessary
- Stabilization and transport to the RiverBend campus for patients with more serious conditions, including those requiring surgery
- Special accommodations for the hard of hearing, visually impaired, blind, deaf, and limited English proficient