Knee replacement surgery can be a life-changing operation for those with chronic knee pain from osteoarthritis. Sacred Heart’s evidence-based, team approach to knee replacement surgery helped make it one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the United States for total joint replacement surgery. Every stage of the process, from your first appointment to your post-surgery rehabilitation, has been carefully planned to help you have the best experience and get the best result. All the acute care services you need are conveniently located on the RiverBend medical campus.
The surgery itself is only one part of the knee replacement journey. Many other factors will contribute to the success of your knee replacement, including your:
- Understanding of the steps before, during and after surgery
- Preparation for surgery
- Attendance at a pre-operative knee replacement class
- Participation in rehabilitation
- Lifestyle after surgery
Sacred Heart’s knee replacement care team includes surgeons, operating room nurses, bedside nurses, and physical therapists—all specially trained in orthopedics. We are committed to helping you through your journey to health, every step of the way.
- Make an appointment if you have not yet consulted an orthopedic surgeon about your chronic knee pain.
- Is knee surgery for you? Click here for information to help you decide.
- Patient education before surgery is one of the keys to a successful knee procedure. Click to learn more about education for total joint replacement.
- Rehabilitation begins at your bedside the same day or the day following knee surgery. Click to learn more about inpatient therapy.
- Your hospital room during your three- to four-day stay following surgery will be a private room in our specialized orthopedics unit on the 6th floor of Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend.
Click here to learn more about knee replacement surgery.