Sacred Heart Medical Center, University District – 2nd Floor
1255 Hilyard, Eugene, OR 97401
To make an appointment, call (541) 335-2800
Open weekdays 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Open weekends and holidays 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
We designed the Regional Outpatient Infusion Center for your comfort and to help make your experience as relaxing as possible. The Infusion Center is an outpatient service that provides blood transfusions, intravenous IV infusions, and injections that are not available in a doctor’s office or that must be monitored by a pharmacist. It is designed to serve people who are medically stable and who can walk or can transfer from wheelchair to infusion chair with minimal assistance. Patients are provided a private room with a recliner chair or hospital bed, if requested.
Services available at the Infusion Center include:
- Blood transfusion
- IV infusions of antibiotics, Solu-Medrol, Remicade, Prolastin, etc.
- IV infusions of Immune Globulins and blood clotting factors
- Injections of Epogen, Neupogen, Neulasta and other hematologics
- Injections of Tinzaparin or Dalteparin for anticoagulation "bridging"
- Groshong, PICC and Port-A-Cath maintenance and repair
- PICC Insertions
- Removal of PICC catheters
- Laboratory draws
- Chemotherapy Infusions
Patient care is provided by a highly skilled and diverse team of professionals in a warm, comfortable and quiet atmosphere. The staff provides education and information to patients. Access to a pharmacist is available to educate and answer patients' questions.
Scheduling an Appointment
The Infusion Center schedules patients by appointment only and can usually provide a same-day appointment for short- and medium-length infusions. Please note the following:
- If you are receiving blood, you should have your blood drawn for type and cross the day before your appointment.
- If you need three units of blood, you can be accommodated if the volume of blood is divided over a two-day period.
- If you need care outside of our regular hours, arrangements will be made for an alternate location.
Find out more about home infusion services.