Oregon Imaging Centers
Patient scheduling (541) 334-7555
General questions (541) 687-7134
Oregon Imaging Centers offer a wide array of imaging technologies certified by the American College of Radiology. They include:
- Bone density scanning
- CT (computed tomography)
- Digital mammography
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Pediatric imaging (without anesthesia)
- PET (positron emission tomography)
Special outpatient services include:
- The Oregon Breast and MRI Center. This tranquil center offers the most advanced technology available for diagnosing breast cancer in a calm, woman-oriented setting.
- Open MRI. Some people are not able to tolerate traditional MRI machines. They include claustrophobic patients, obese patients and those suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome. Open MRI offers them an alternative.
- 64-slice CT scanner. This type of CT scanner captures very detailed images of the heart and other parts of the body with a minimum of radiation. These images can later be assembled by a computer into dramatic 3-D models. These models help the radiologist evaluate the patient’s anatomy with more precision.
- Sub-specialized radiologists. These skilled physicians specialize in analyzing images of the brain, heart, breast or other specific parts of the body. Their analysis helps your physician reach a diagnosis. Click to meet our team of radiologists.
Oregon Imaging Centers provide imaging services seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., at the RiverBend medical campus in Springfield. OIC also offers imaging services at three Eugene locations (downtown, University District and west Eugene). Click to learn more about Oregon Imaging Centers services and locations.
Outpatient Imaging with Anesthesia
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend
Sedation or anesthesia may be offered to patients receiving CT, MRI or other types of scans. Those patients include:
- Adults who have claustrophobia or other special needs and who need an MRI scan.
- Children who cannot lie still for long periods and who need an MRI, CT or other scan.
These scans are done on an outpatient basis in the Imaging Department at Sacred Heart at RiverBend. Sacred Heart’s Pediatric Sedation Team helps smooth the way for children and parents. A pediatric nurse assists the anesthesiologist in putting the child to sleep. Both inpatient and outpatient children needing MRI with anesthesia receive their scan at Sacred Heart. Click to read how the team helps children’s imaging with anesthesia.