Recipe provided by Paul Binder, Physicians Assistant
¼ cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chopped tomatoes, pushed through a sieve
1 teaspoon anchovy paste
2 tablespoons tomato paste, no salt
2 tablespoons capers
15 large kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- Heat oil in a skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except pasta. Cook covered for about 5-10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
Per serving: 317 calories, 11gm protein, 42 gm carbohydrate, 17 gm total fat, 2 gm saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 0 gm trans fat, 376 mg sodium, 8 gm fiber