1 pound salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 equal portions
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon honey
¼ teaspoon dry ground ginger
¼ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- Preheat broiler to highest setting.
- Combine all ingredients and brush on salmon top, bottom, and sides.
- Place salmon on foil then cook under hot broiler for 4 minutes.
- Serve over caramelized bok choy and shiitake mushrooms, spoon liquid left in foil on top.
- Serve with cooked lentils.
Caramelized Bok Choy and Shiitakes
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 large shiitake mushrooms cut into ¼" slices, about ¼ pound or use 32 slices dried reconstituted shiitakes, available in Asian markets
6 baby bok choy bulbs, cut in half lengthwise, about ½ pound
1 tablespoon low-sodium chicken stock
- Heat oil at medium in large skillet.
- Sauté mushroom slices until slightly browned both sides, add chicken stock and remove from heat. Continue stirring until stock is fully absorbed and place aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. When hot, add baby bok choy, cut side down. Cook until slightly brown but not charred (leaves will get darker than the bulb which becomes golden brown).
- Serve 3 bok choy halves and 8 shiitake slices per serving. Place salmon on top.
1¼ cups water
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
¾ cup lentils
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pour water and stock in pot and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils and garlic, cover pot and reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until lentils are just tender.
Per serving: 392 calories, 42 gm protein, 33 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 5 gm mono fat, 52 mg cholesterol, 12 gm fiber, 363 mg sodium