Marinated Turkey Breast with Grilled Peaches
Marinating makes a dish moist and flavorful.
Serves 4, with leftovers
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bay leaf, crumbled
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground allspice, cinnamon or cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup finely chopped onion
1½ pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast (about half of a whole turkey breast)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 peach halves (preferably fresh) or pineapple spears
Marinate (then choose your cooking method):
- Combine first 7 ingredients and set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Add onions and turkey breast to remaining mixture, place in a shallow bowl or zip lock bag, and marinate 1 to 4 hours, turning several times.
- Remove turkey breast from marinade and grill over medium high heat 12 to 15 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Grill over medium heat for last 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place turkey on broiler pan in center of oven and roast for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Add balsamic vinegar to reserved marinade and place 1 tablespoon in the hollow of each peach half. Put in oven with turkey the last 10 minutes.
- Remove turkey breast from heat and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Per 4-oz. Serving: 224 calories, 30 gm protein, 14 carbohydrate, 6 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm mono fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 2 gm fiber, 457 mg sodium.