Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Squares
Serve with yogurt and fruit.
Makes one dozen
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup raisins
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup nonfat yogurt
½ cup nonfat milk
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup apple sauce
2 large eggs
¼ cup canola oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first three ingredients and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together next 7 ingredients until well combined.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into a lightly oiled 8" square baking dish. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into squares.
Per serving: 209 calories, 6 gm protein, 32 gm carbohydrate, 7 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm mono fat, 36 mg cholesterol, 3 gm fiber, 253 mg sodium