See our Emergency Department in Action
The highly trained Emergency Department (ED) staff strives to create the most efficient and compassionate emergency room experience for every patient. Expert teamwork, improved processes and advanced technology quickly provide you with the care you need. The ED at the RiverBend campus is easily accessible from all major routes in Eugene and Springfield, including Interstate 5 (exit 195-A), Beltline Road (east to MLK Blvd.), and I-105 (exit Springfield City Center then Pioneer Parkway east).
- People and processes to handle any life-threatening emergency including heart attack and stroke
- Comprehensive services and board-certified specialists available around the clock
- Electronic patient tracking system to reduce wait times
- Facility design assists faster access to the most appropriate care
- Imaging equipment (MRI, CT scanner, digital radiography) directly adjacent to the ED for faster diagnosis
- 44 private, single-patient rooms to assure patient privacy, infection control, and a calm, quiet atmosphere
- Computerized nursing stations give doctors and nurses easy access to each patient and the patient’s medical records
- Special accommodations for the hard of hearing, visually impaired, blind, deaf, and limited English proficient
- Children’s playroom
- Waiting room fireplace provides a relaxed environment for patients and family members
Level II Trauma
The Emergency Department at RiverBend serves as the entrance to Sacred Heart’s Level II Trauma Center, which is staffed and equipped to provide the highest level of care to severely injured adults and children.
- Immediate availability—24 hours a day—of surgeons, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons and other physician specialists, plus nurses, support services such as laboratory and imaging, and resuscitation life-support equipment.
- Serves an 8-county region in Western and Southern Oregon (Lane, Linn, Douglas, Coos, Curry, Josephine, Jackson, and Klamath counties)
- Elevators provide direct access to the Emergency Department from helicopters arriving at the hospital’s helipad. Extra-large elevators allow staff to provide continuous care to patients being transported from the ED to surgery.
Take a look inside the Emergency Department at RiverBend