Steps Toward Weight Loss Surgery
Here are the steps you can take toward a healthier tomorrow:
1. Confirm your insurance coverage for weight loss surgery. (Please complete this step prior to filling out your application.)
Please call the customer service phone number on the back of your insurance card to verify the following information:
(A) Do you have weight loss surgery benefits?
(B) What criteria need to be met to be eligible for the benefit?
If your insurance excludes the benefit, we offer many self-pay options.
2. View our free informational seminars.
3. Complete an Bariatric Surgery Program Application
Bring the completed application and a copy of the front and back of your current insurance card(s), to our clinic or mail it to:
3377 RiverBend Drive
Springfield, OR 97477
We will review your application regarding the next step in the process. Please allow two to three weeks for review.
4. Nicotine and marijuana use
To qualify for bariatric surgery, patients must stop all use of nicotine, including nicotine replacement products and vaping and marijuana products, including medical marijuana. Consider enrolling in our Options Tobacco/Smoking Cessation Program if you need help.
5. Lifestyle visits
Once we receive your application, you will be invited to our office for the following:
- Evaluation with our surgeon
- Evaluation with our psychologist
- Evaluation with our dietitian
- Evaluation with our physical therapist (if recommended or desired)
- Extended dietary program (if required by your insurance)
- Weight loss surgery dietary education
6. Review committee
Once you have completed the evaluations with your surgeon, psychologist, and dietitian, our review committee will assess your readiness for surgery. Program participation is subject to review committee approval.
7. Insurance approval and preauthorization
Once the review committee approves your surgery and you have completed all of the necessary preoperative and insurance requirements, our patient coordinator will work with your insurance company to get the surgery approved.
8. Preoperative appointment
Once your insurance company approves the procedure, we will schedule a preoperative appointment and surgery date for you.
9. Preadmission testing
Within 30 days of your surgery date, you will need to complete preadmission testing.
Congratulations! You are now on your way toward a healthier future.