PatientConnection: Health Care at Your Fingertips
(Please note: as of April 2015 PatientConnection has been renamed to My PeaceHealth)
PeaceHealth Medical Group has embarked on a monumental shift in how we manage our medical practice -- and your medical record.
We are switching to a new electronic health record (EHR) system called Epic that will allow us to streamline our way of tracking your health care.
We’re excited about the EHR’s features and the support it provides to our core mission of promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way.
We expect that it will help us provide you the best, most advanced care and service now, and well into the future.
What does this mean for patients?
For patients, the new system offers consistency. Any PeaceHealth provider you see – whether your primary care provider or specialist –can access your health information, which means you get the best personalized care, no matter where you are.
Second, you have convenience through the newly upgraded PatientConnection portal. This online tool is a free service for PeaceHealth Medical Group patients and gives you access to your personal health information 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What can a patient do in PatientConnection?
The new PatientConnection portal has a freshly enhanced interface that makes it easy to use. You can upload your photo and color code certain areas of the portal and much more. You can also view your dependents’ information.
The most exciting part of PatientConnection is that it puts you in control of your health care – any time day or night. With PatientConnection, you can:
- Message your doctor: The enhanced portal provides a secure way to message your PeaceHealth doctor with questions or concerns. And all communication will become a part of your medical record.
- Schedule appointments: Schedule or cancel appointments with your provider.
- View test results: Test results ordered by your PeaceHealth doctor will be available to view in the portal after your doctor has reviewed them – generally one to seven days.
- Renew prescriptions: While you work with your preferred pharmacy for filling prescriptions, PatientConnection gives you the ability to view your medications and to easily request renewals for prescriptions from your doctor.
- Pay bills: While it might not be available at the initial launch, when bill pay is operational, you will be able to pay clinic bills online quickly and easily. Be on the lookout for the addition of this feature.
How do patients sign up for PatientConnection?
All you need to sign up is an activation code, an email address, and a computer with access to the Internet.
If you are a current portal user, you will have received a letter with an activation code in the U.S. mail. Or, you can obtain an activation code during your next office visit.