Top of the pageLearning Center
Learn about quitting smoking
Quitting smoking isn't easy. But if you smoke, quitting is the best thing you can do for your health. Smoking increases your risk for cancer, diabetes, heart failure, and other serious medical problems. Still, if you've been smoking for a long time, it can be very hard to quit. You might worry about withdrawal symptoms or that your craving for a cigarette might be too strong to ignore. But with some support, you can do it. Our topics can give you the help you need to finally quit smoking and start leading a healthier life today.
Visit our topics to get information and support to quit smoking:
- Comparing Nicotine Replacement Methods
- Comparing Stop-Smoking Medicines
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Interactive Tool: Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
- Interactive Tool: How Does Smoking Affect Your Lifespan?
- Interactive Tool: How Does Smoking Increase Your Risk of Heart Attack?
- Interactive Tool: How Much Is Smoking Costing You?
- John's Story: Crossing the Smoke-Free Finish Line
- Keeping Change Going—Your New Normal
- Linda's Story: Quitting Smoking Lowers My Risk
- Lung Cancer
- Making a Change That Matters
- Making Your Change Happen
- Nancy's Story: Quitting Smoking Takes More Than Willpower
- Nate's Story: Sick of Smoking
- Ned's Story: Quitting Smoking
- Nicotine Gum
- Nicotine Inhaler
- Nicotine Patches
- Not Ready for Change?
- Oral Cancer
- Planning for a Change That Matters
- Quick Tips: What to Do When You Crave Nicotine
- Quit-Smoking Programs
- Quitting Smokeless Tobacco
- Quitting Smoking
- Quitting Smoking and Avoiding Smoke During Pregnancy
- Quitting Smoking: How Family and Friends Can Help
- Quitting Smoking: How Support Groups Can Help
- Quitting Smoking: Temptations and Cravings
- Quitting Smoking: Your Social Life
- Risks of Smoking Cigars and Pipes
- Smoking and Coronary Artery Disease
- Smoking and Stroke Risk
- Smoking Fewer Cigarettes
- Smoking Triggers
- Smoking: Choosing a Good Time to Quit
- Smoking: Health Risk for Family Members
- Smoking: Heart Attack and Stroke Risks
- Smoking: Problems With Pregnancy
- Smoking: Sexual and Reproductive Problems
- Teen Smokers: Reasons to Quit
- Thinking About a Change?
- Tobacco Use in Teens
- Track Your Smoking