PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center works with Northwest Pathology, the leading provider of anatomic pathology services in Northwest Washington, as well as parts of Southeast Alaska.
Northwest Pathology's professional team includes 10 pathologists, who have complementary subspecialty expertise covering nearly all areas of pathology.
While we are big enough to have subspecialty expertise, we are small enough to have personal relationships with our referring physicians. This facilitates communication in complex cases to ensure the best in patient care. It also permits rapid implementation of diagnostically useful developments in pathology.
We strive continuously to offer the highest level of service to our physicians and patients!
- Anatomic Pathology: Our laboratory offers complete services in anatomic pathology, including evaluation of biopsies, large surgical resection specimens, cytologic specimens, and autopsies. We take pride in providing accurate diagnosis and rapid turn around time.
- Clinical Pathology: Our pathologists work closely with our hospital laboratories to provide local clinical laboratory testing of the highest caliber.
- Dermatopathology: Our laboratory performs all special stains and procedures, including immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence, necessary to evaluate skin biopsies. Our pathologists work closely with clinicians to ensure accurate diagnosis.
- GU Pathology: Genitourinary pathology is an area of special interest to our pathologists. Our laboratory utilizes advanced methods of evaluation of genitourinary tissue and cytology specimens, including immunohistochemistry.
- GI Pathology: Gastrointestinal pathology is a special interest of three of our pathologists who have received additional training in this specialty.
- GYN Pathology & Cytology: Our laboratory is one of a select few laboratories in Washington that employs a computerized imaging system to screen cervical smears, augmenting review by board-certified cytotechnologists. Our Pap smear reports are designed to show a summary of recent Pap results and are signed out with current ASCCP recommendations for follow up.
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy, Fine Needle Aspiration: Our physicians are available to perform bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, as well as fine needle aspirations, at our area hospitals or at the Northwest Pathology facility.
- Consultation/CME: The pathologists at Northwest Pathology have complementary areas of expertise in anatomic and clinical pathology, and are available for consultation or Continuing Medical Education. Specialty-specific conferences are regularly provided.
Northwest Pathology, PS.
L. Berle Stratton, MD, Medical Director,
PeaceHealth Laboratories Ketchikan
3614 Meridian Street, Suite 100
Bellingham, WA 98225
Phone: (360) 734-2800
Toll Free: (866) 750-1028
Fax: (360) 734-3818