What Do We Offer You?
A Comprehensive Clinical Education
Our balanced, full-spectrum learning experience is based on:
- Obstetrics - An exclusive teaching relationship with PHMG OB/GYN, a group with 9 OBs and 2 midwives who are making the 2011 RRC delivery requirements happen for FMSW residents.
- Adult Medicine - We own the service, and manage the workload.
- Behavioral Health/Whole Person Orientation - Our PhD Behavioral Scientist is joined by 2 social workers and core faculty to provide team care within our PCMH.
- Pediatrics - We have our own Pediatric practice and Pediatrician core faculty.
- Quality Improvement - Embedded throughout the 3 year experience with focus during HSM rotation.
- Procedural Medicine - Community Free Clinic patients are treated along with FMSW patients
- Practice Management - Advanced knowledge in Quality Improvement and PCMH principles.
An Opportunity to Serve our Community
- 75% Medicare and Medicaid
- Service to the major ethnic groups in Vancouver, especially Latino and Russian-speaking citizens. Two language interpreter coordinators on site. On line computer-based interpreters.
- Focus on the underserved including “high-needs” vulnerable populations
- Encouragement for community contribution through programs sponsored by FMSW and PHSW
- FMSW community involvement includes:
- Free Community Clinic
- Cervical and Breast Program
- Sports Physical Clinic (Annual)
- Area High School Football Games
- Health Promotion Curriculum presented to 3rd and 4th grade students in the Vancouver School District
- Southwest Washington Health District
- Procedure Clinic funded by SWMC
- New Heights Clinic
A Fundamental Understanding of the Medical Marketplace
- A “Medical Home” practice environment with:
- A large “capitated” Medicaid Managed Care patient panel, Commercial, State, and Federal insurers
- Advanced Access care environment since 2004 driven by team-based care
- Excitement about improving and measuring Quality
- Expertise in teaching Coding & Documentation, and Clinical Time Management
- Learning and practicing success principles now being articulated in Health Care Reform legislation.
- Treatment outcomes of chronic pain patients with Vitamin D3 — Connie Basch, MD
- Healthy Lifestyles Project. Outcomes with identification and focused interventions in childhood obesity — Connie Basch, MD, Matthew Reid, MD
- Outcomes for Diabetics participating in group visits vs. usual one-on-one visits — Christopher Wheelock, MD
- HIV Care Outcomes in a Community–based Residency — John Nusser, MD