Benefit Plans & Programs
If you're looking for a career in health care that engages your heart as well as your mind, we encourage you to apply at PeaceHealth.
The following is a general outline of PeaceHealth benefits; there may be some regional variations. If you are a physician interested in PeaceHealth. contact the local recruiter for a fuller discussion of available benefits.
- Choice of multiple medical plan options
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
Employee Assistance Program & Referral Service
Short-term counseling at no cost for employees and immediate family members.
- Employer-paid core Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Up to five times annual pay in voluntary employ-paid Term Life and Accidental Death and AD&D insurance.
- Employer-paid core spouse/domestic partner & dependent Life insurance
- Up to $5,000 per dependent and up to $50,000 for voluntary employee-paid spousal life/domestic partner Life insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
Long term disability offers 60 percent of pre-disability pay after 90th day.
Short term disability offers 60 percent of pre-disability pay beginning on the 15th day of a disability and continues for up to 11 weeks.
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employees may deposit up to $3,000/year to offset uninsured medical, dental and vision expenses.
- Employees may deposit up to $5,000/year to offset dependent care expenses.
- Voluntary benefits In addition to the benefits package; PeaceHealth offers other voluntary benefits including auto and home insurance, pet insurance, long term care insurance, legal services and critical illness benefit.
Paid Time Off
Flexible program which combines vacation, holidays and sick days. Allows employees the flexibility to use paid time off as they determine it best fits their needs and desires.
- Bellevue, System Services: 50 percent subsidized bus pass, free parking
- Eugene: Discounted parking, free bus pass
- Bellingham: Free parking, free bus pass, financial incentives for alternatives to driving alone to work
- Ketchikan: Free parking
- Florence: Free parking
- Longview: Free parking
- Vancouver: 75% subsidized bus pass, free parking
Leaves of Absence Paid leaves for:
- Jury Duty
- Military Duty
Personal, parental and family medical leaves of absence are also available
Tax-Deferred Account Plan
Employees can contribute up to $16,500 of their income in 2011 (employees 50 or older can contribute up to $22,000 of their income). PeaceHealth matches on the first 4 percent of the employee’s contribution after the eligibility requirements are met:
- 25 percent match during first year
- 50 percent match during second and third years
- 75 percent match during fourth year
- 100 percent match at five or more years
After three years of employment and upon satisfying the plan’s eligibility requirements, PeaceHealth contributes 4 to 8 percent of your eligible pay depending on your age, and an additional 4 percent of eligible pay that exceeds the current year’s integration level.
457(b) Savings Plan
Employees can defer additional pre-tax contributions of up to $16,500 in 2011 to the 457(b) Savings Plan, a non-qualified 457(b) plan.
Educational Assistance Program
Financial assistance for college tuition and associated expenses
Training & Development
Training for managers and employees to develop personal, computer, managerial and organizational skills.
- Bellevue, System Services: subsidized memberships at Eastgate Fitness Center
- Regional Facilities: discounted or free access to on-site fitness areas or local clubs
Alternate/Flexible Work Schedules & Telecommuting
Designated positions as appropriate
Employee Referral Bonus
$1,000 for referring a selected candidate for designated position vacancies
May be available for designated position vacancies
- Daycare centers for employees’ children available in Ketchikan
- Childcare referral service at System Services