Job Openings Posted for PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center
FRIDAY HARBOR – Openings for positions at the new PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center are now posted on the PeaceHealth web site, with more to be posted on Wednesday, Aug. 1.
Current openings are for Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Access, Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Coordinator, Certified Medical Assistants and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN.) Openings to be posted in August are Patient Access Representative and Environmental Service Attendant.
Job postings are available online, at www.PeaceHealth.org
. Searchers should click on “Careers” at the top of the screen, and then select “Job Openings” under Working at PeaceHealth. After reviewing “Who We Are,” the PeaceHealth mission, vision and core values, job seekers click “I Agree” at the bottom of the screen. They should select “WA - Bellingham” in the Location drop-down list under “Search Listings” and then click “Submit.”
Positions for Peace Island Medical Center will initially appear throughout the Bellingham region listings, under “Friday Harbor.” Click twice on “City, State” at the top of the column to sort the list so that the Peace Island Medical Center positions are at the top. Information about each position, including a job description with a list of required qualifications, is visible by clicking on the specific “Job Title.”
Those interested in positions with Peace Island should apply promptly, so that the hiring process can be completed in time to allow for several months of new employee training before the medical center opens in late November.
InterIsland Medical Center staff, including all physicians, will transition to Peace Island Medical Center when it opens. At that time, the total number of physicians (including part time visiting specialists) serving the Hospital District will nearly double.
PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center, a 10-bed critical access hospital, will also include a new, expanded primary care and specialty clinic, expanded diagnostic and treatment services, an operating suite for outpatient procedures and a 24-hour emergency department.
PeaceHealth Peace Island Medical Center, a critical access hospital on San Juan Island, will operate as part of the PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center network of care, which includes a not-for-profit full-service hospital founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, and is part of the PeaceHealth system with medical centers in Alaska, Washington and Oregon. In addition to the hospital and PeaceHealth Medical Group, PeaceHealth’s services in Northwest Washington include several Centers of Excellence, North Cascade Cardiology, a diagnostic laboratory, a joint venture outpatient imaging service and a specialty clinic in Sedro-Woolley.
To find out about the job openings at Peace Island Medical Center
- Go to the PeaceHealth website, www.PeaceHealth.org
- Click on “Careers” at the top of the screen
- Select “Job Openings” under Working at PeaceHealth
- Review Who We Are, including the PeaceHealth mission and core values highlighted in the text, and click ”I Agree” at the bottom of the screen
- Select “WA-Bellingham” in the Location drop down list under Search Listings and then click “Submit”
- Peace Island Medical Center openings will initially appear throughout the Bellingham region listings, with the city identified as Friday Harbor
- Click twice on “City, State” at the top of the column to sort the list so that the Friday Harbor positions are at the top
- Click on the specific Job Title for information about each position, including a comprehensive job description and list of required qualifications
- Click “Add to Job Cart” for any positions for which you want to apply
- Click “Back to Search Results” or “Apply to All Jobs in Cart”
- Follow the instructions on the web site to apply.