Privacy and Sponsorship Policy
The Continuing Medical Education Department at Sacred Heart Medical Center has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy and sponsorship. The Continuing Medical Education Department is the sole owner of the information collected and presented on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent your information to any third party. We collect information from our users at several different points on our website.
The Continuing Medical Education Department shall adhere to the policy framework of online internet activities or enduring material as defined by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. A full description of these policies may be found at the following web addresses:
The ACCME's Essential Areas and Their Elements
- CME activities delivered via the internet are expected to comply with ACCME Essential Areas, Elements and Policies.
- There shall be no CME activities of an ACCME-accredited provider on a pharmaceutical or device manufacturer's product website.
- Learners will be clearly notified that they are leaving the educational website when links from the website lead to pharmaceutical and device manufacturers' product websites. In addition, links may exist before or after the educational content of a CME activity, but shall not be embedded in the educational content of a CME activity.
- Advertising of any type is prohibited within the educational content of CME activities on the internet including, but not limited to, banner ads, subliminal ads, and pop-up window ads.
- At the start of each internet CME activity, the hardware and software required for the learner to participate will be identified.
- There will be a mechanism in place for the learner to contact the CME provider with questions about the internet CME activity.
- The Continuing Medical Education Department will adhere to and inform the learner of its policy on privacy and confidentiality related to the online CME activity.
- Documentation will be provided upon request that the Continuing Medical Education Department owns the copyright for, has received permission to use, or is otherwise permitted to use copyrighted materials within a CME activity on the internet.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statement of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
This site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. There is no transmission of patient information on this website and therefore no implications to regulation by the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) and HIPAA are applicable.
Notification of Changes
The Continuing Medical Education Department does not share users' personally identifiable information with our partners. We do not share any anonymous or demographic information with any outside parties or partners.
The Continuing Medical Education Department uses opt-in email to communicate to our users major updates to the system, system outages, and any changes to our privacy policies.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our website.