Sacred Heart Surgical Services
2010-2011 Surgery Quality Report
Sacred Heart Surgical Services' inaugural quality report, detailing quality measures, volumes and patient outcomes. Special focus on minimally invasive, including robotic-assisted, procedures.
- General surgery program met or exceeded expectations for all 10 surgical care quality standards established by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP).
- Spine program designated a Blue Distinction Center by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, joining our Knee and Hip Replacement program, which received the same distinction in 2009.
- Multidisciplinary teams of specialists collaborate to provide high volumes of patients the least invasive and most effective surgical care available in the region.
Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute
2009-2010 Quality Report
Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute's inaugural quality report, detailing the quality and range of clinical care available at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend.
High points of the 2009-2010 Quality Report include:
- National recognition. In 2009, OHVI's cardiothoracic surgery program received a prestigious "3 star" rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Only 11.7 percent of 960 eligible hospitals received the rating, which denotes the highest category of quality.
- Dramatic improvements in treating AMI patients. At 2.06 percent, Sacred Heart's heart attack mortality rate is now among the very best in the country. Our mortality rate is roughly half that predicted for our population by the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and about a quarter of what it was six years ago.