Oregon Neurosciences Institute
The Oregon Neurosciences Institute at Sacred Heart Medical Center combines the expertise of neurosurgery and neurology specialists with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and surgical technology, brining advanced treatment options to patients throughout the region. In 2010, the institute expanded its clinician panel and services to offer comprehensive, compassionate and collaborative care for the entire spectrum of neurological conditions, including those requiring neurosurgery.
The Oregon Neurosciences Institute offers:
- Cutting-edge treatment, procedures and technology to address even the most complex brain and spine cases.
- Advanced technology including a new neuro biplane suite for 3D, rotational imaging and mapping for endovascular procedures, and a flexible new hybrid operating room for both diagnosis and treatment
- A specialty 36-bed nursing unit with telemetry, EEG and video monitoring capability
- Joint Commission certified advanced primary stroke center
- NIH Stroke Scale gold standard certification
- A telestroke program that links emergency department doctors at Peace Harbor Hospital in Florence with Sacred Heart's certified stroke center expertise, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Nationally accredited rehabilitation program
- Advanced Life Support accreditation