Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factor Screening
The Oregon Heart & Vascular Institute at Sacred Heart Medical Center offers a risk factor screening called "Know Your Numbers" to the general public with no physician referral necessary. Screening reports are provided to the primary care physician.
The screening is designed to help people learn more about their individual risk factors for heart disease as well as provide prevention and treatment strategies.
The 45-minute screening includes:
- Fasting fractionated lipids
- Resting EKG, interpreted by a physician
- Resting blood pressure
- Fasting blood glucose test to screen for diabetes risk
- Body composition assessment
- Heart Health Questionnaire
- Private consultation with a health educator trained in cardiac risk factor management
- Educational materials to support self-management strategies